Vanilla Almond Crunch Toffee Bars
|Heath Toffee Bits||8 oz|
|Laura’s Gourmet Granola, Vanilla Almond Crunch||12 oz|
|All-purpose flour*||1 1/2 cups / 7.35 oz|
|Baking soda||1 t|
|Kosher salt||1/2 t|
|Unsalted butter, room temperature||8 oz|
|Golden brown sugar||1/2 cup, packed / 2.75 oz|
|Eggs, large||2 each|
|Vanilla extract||1 t|
|Heath Toffee Bits||1/3 cup|
Yield about 30 bars
*May substitute gluten free flour blend using same weight for a gluten free cookie
- Preheat oven to 350 conventional (325 convection). Prepare a 13x9x2 baking pan.
- In small bowl, combine Heath Toffee Bits and Vanilla Almond Crunch. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl with a handheld mixer or in a standup mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Scrape the bowl, then add brown sugar. Cream to combine well. Scrape. Add eggs and vanilla. Blend on medium speed.
- Add flour mixture and combine on slow speed. Scrape.
- Add Heath/Vanilla Almond Crunch mixture on slow speed.
- Spread batter into prepared pan (batter will be stiff) and sprinkle remaining toffee bits over batter.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cool completely in pan. Cut into desired size and shape. Store at room temperature up to one week.