LocoCocoNut Crunch Fruit Crisp
It’s the topping that makes a fruit crisp (or crumble) and Laura’s Gourmet Granola makes the perfect, out of the bag, topping for your fruit of choice. While this recipe uses fresh mango, nectarines and strawberries, any fresh fruit combination will do. Fresh not an option? Frozen fruit works as well, just don’t thaw before using. We love the colorful and sweet combination of summer fruits in combination with LocoCocoNut Crunch, but feel free to mix it up with any flavor of Laura’s Gourmet Granola and your fruit of choice. For this recipe, we love the juiciness of the mangos, sweetness of strawberries and the firmness of the nectarines, all of which, when baked, release their unique flavors, topped with the perfectly balanced coconut aroma, taste and crunch of LocoCocoNut Crunch.
|Mango, fresh, peeled, and in 1/4 inch cubes||2 each|
|Nectarine, fresh, cut in 1/4 inch cubes||1 large|
|Strawberries, hulled, halved or quartered||1dry pint|
|Vanilla bean paste||1½ tablespoons|
|Laura’s Gourmet Granola, LocoCocoNut Crunch||2-3 cups / 7.25-11 oz|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Qt.|
Yield 12 servings
- In medium mixing bowl combine mango, nectarine and strawberries. Toss with vanilla bean paste to coat completely.
- Place fruit in a buttered or sprayed baking dish sized so fruit is about 2 inches deep.
- Sprinkle Laura’s Gourmet Granola, LocoCocoNut Crunch, evenly over fruit, pressing gently into the fruit.
- Place in a preheated 325 convection oven (350 conventional).
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until granola is a deeper golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let stand for 10 minutes, then serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Alternatively, cool completely and refrigerate, covered, up to 4 days. Rewarm in oven to re-crisp the topping.