Honey Roasted Peanut Crunch Bars
|Honey Roasted Peanut Crunch, Laura’s Gourmet Granola||1 1/2 cups plus 1/2 cup|
|Peanut butter, creamy||1/2 cup|
|Butterscotch chips||1/4 cup|
- Preheat oven to 325 convection or 350 conventional. Lightly spray an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of granola in a standard or mini food processor. Pulse granola about 5 or 6 times until very lightly “ground”. Do not turn into powder.
- Place crushed granola in a bowl and add the remaining half cup of granola, plus the peanut butter and honey. Stir to completely incorporate. Don’t worry, it may take a few minutes. Add the butterscotch chips and combine.
- Using your hands, press the granola mixture firmly and evenly into the prepared pan. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the pan. Using a bench scraper (pastry dough cutter) or the edge of a wide, flat metal spatula, “score” the mixture by “cutting” the desired size and shape of the bars. Not sure what that means? Check out our YouTube video which explains it all!
- Return to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes or until the top is deep golden brown.
- Remove the bars and using the same cutter, cut the bars again before they cool, then allow to cool completely.
- When completely cool (not kidding, they must be completely cool), use the bench scraper or spatula to separate the bars and remove from the pan. Keeps up to a week in a tightly covered container.